This tutorial is about How to Change and Clear default apps on Android. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Change and Clear default apps on Android. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Change and Clear default apps on Android
In case you don’t already know: Default apps let you select which apps should perform certain actions on your device. For example, you may have multiple Android browsers installed. When you tap on a link that doesn’t have a default setting, your phone will ask you which browser you want to open it with, as it has several apps that can handle it. There are many categories that work this way, and setting default apps saves you from having to decide which app to use each time.
This is a problem that you may encounter on a regular basis. You tap on a file that you really want to open with a certain app, but for some reason, Android opens the file with a different app that doesn’t interest you at all. That’s because you selected the wrong application for that file type. But here you are in the right place. In this short guide, we will walk you through the process of changing and removing default apps on Android.
How to change and delete default apps on Android
How to Change Default Apps on Android
It’s a fairly simple process to change which app automatically opens a file for you. When you touch a link or open a file, you are offered a selection of applications. After selecting an app, select Always to make it default, or select Just once if you want to use another app in the future.
Alternatively, you can set default apps in Settings:
- Open Settings and select Apps & notifications.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps.
- Select a category to change. For example, choose a default web browser, phone app, or SMS app.
- In the list of available apps in that category, tap the circle next to the app you want to set as default.
- Touch the back arrow to go back to the previous page. Your selected app appears as the default.
How to delete default apps on Android
Current versions of Android offer a unique and straightforward way to clear per-app defaults.
- Open Settings and tap Apps & notifications.
- Select Open all apps or See all [#] apps to see the full list of apps on your device.
- Scroll down and choose the app you want to delete as default.
- Press Open by default.
- Touch CLEAR DEFAULTS to clear the default actions you have set.
- Once the defaults are cleared, the page refreshes with the message No Defaults Set, and the CLEAR DEFAULTS option is grayed out.
- The default actions you set for that app are cleared, and you can assign another app as the default app for that action.
Final words: How to Change and Clear default apps on Android
I hope you understand this article, How to Change and Clear default apps on Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.